Which are the Top International Construction Companies in the world in 2021?
Following are the top international construction companies in the world.
- China Communications Construction Company | China
- Bechtel | USA
- Turner | USA
- VINCI | France
- Actividades de Construcción y Servicios | Spain
There are hundreds of construction companies in the world and only few are known internationally because of their international exposures.
In civil engineering field, numerous leading companies are working to compete opponent and hold the first position and contributing to economy really.
Have a look in top construction and contractor companies by revenues and projects they have done already.
#1 China State Construction Engineering Corporation:
CSCEC is the largest construction company based in China. It is owned by state. By the revenue it is the largest construction company world wide.
Famous/Signature Projects of CSCEC construction company:
Theres numerous project that have constructed by CSCEC.
- Yintai center complex. (China)
- TBA tower. (Dogguan, China)
- Shimao strait towers. (Xiamen, China)
- Malaysia Astaka Super High-rise apartment projects.
- Satallite hall project at Shenzhen bao’an international airport. (China)
- Mauritius SSR international airport expansion project.
- GTC project at terminal 3 of Beijing capital international airport. (China)
- Dairy plant in Indonesia.
- Sino-Russian modo oil pipeline project.
- Huawei plant in south.
- Beijing Mercedes-benz workshop.
|Owner||State of China|
|Key people||Zhou Naixiang|
#2 Bechtel construction company:
Bechtel stands at first position construction company in 2020.
Bechtel’s business history was started when a farmer of cattle Warren A. Bechtel came to Oklahoma from Peabody to construct a railway track with his workers.
Warren A. Bechtel was born September 12 in 1872 in Freeport. He was fifth child of his parents, was graduated Peabody high school.
After finishing first railway road work he moved with his family around the USA for the sake of work for 6 years.
In 1904 eventually he moved to Oakland, California, where he worked in a western pasific railway as superintendent.
After two years of struggle he got his first sub-contract of constructing a part of a railroad section from Oroville to Oakland.
The same year he bought a steam shovel on his own and painted “W.A Bechtel Co“, and established a construction company.
Later on he was growing and growing to the position of top most construction company in 2020.
Famous/Signature Projects of Bechtel construction company:
Since 1898 Bechtel has completed 25,000 Mega projects world wide in 160+ countries.
- In 1931 Bechtel got first mega project of The Hoover Dam.
- After that Bechtel completed Bay bridge of Sanfrancisco to Oakland.
- In 1941 Bechtel got first shipbuilding job. Supplied 467 cargo.
- 1942 constructed 1430 miles (2300 km) pipeline across the Canada & alaska for oil transportation to new refinery.
- In Bahrain Bechtel constructed refinery to produce 150,000 barrels of oil in 1943.
- 1947 when Bechtel Constructed Trans-arabian pipeline of 1068 miles (1719 km) across Saudi arabia, Jordan, Syria & Lebanon.
- Onward Bechtel constructed the first Nuclear Reactor to generate electricity from atomic energy in 1949.
After 1950 Bechtel Constructed their projects one by one and their mega projects number were increasing year to year.
- In 2002 Bechtel built Tacoma Narrows bridge.
- In 2004 Hamad International Airport was also their project in Doha, Qatar.
- Hummel combined cycle power plant was also constructed by Bechtel in 2018.
- In 2019 they constructed Kosovo motorway Route 6.
- It the same year of 2019 NASA mobile launcher 2 was also constructed by Bechtel.
|Founder||Warren A. Bechtel|
|Headquater||Reston, Virginia USA|
|Key People||Brendan Bechtel|
|Revenue||$21.8 Billions (2019)|
$25.5 Billions (2018)
Mining & Metals
Oil,Gas & Chemicals
#3 Turner construction company:
It is based in north America with 10,000 of employees and $12 billions revenue by constructing 1500+ projects.
Turner construction company was Founded in 1902 by Henry Chandlee Turner with the capital of 25,000$. Turner has very first project of concrete vault in Brooklyn for 690$.
In late 1920s turner got several projects to build high rise buildings for large businesses. In 1970s turner has completed numerous projects of sports stadiums.
An industrialist hired turner company in 1904 to build several concrete building and a plant, which was the largest reinforcement concrete building in US at that time.
In 1999, HOCHTIEF purchased turner construction company and made it their subsidiary.
Mega/Signature Projects of Turner construction company:
- Burj Khalifa. (Dubai)
- Northwestern Mutual Interiors. (Orlando, FL)
- Grand 50 Tower. (Kaohsiung, Taiwan)
- Great American Tower at Queen city.
- Tuntex Sky Tower. (Taiwan)
- The Cira Centre. (Philandelphia, PA)
- ABN AMRO Plaza. (Chicago, IL)
- Hearst Tower. (Newyork)
- Istanbul Development. (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Merdeka 118. (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Sequis Tower (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Merriot Hotel & Conference Centre. (Trenton, NJ)
- RAND Corporate Headquarter. (Santa Monica, CA)
|Founder||Henry Chandlee Turner|
|Key People||Peter Davoren|
(President & CEO)
Karen Gould (CFO)
|Civil Engg &|