Two of the most important factors associated with starting a website include a hosting account where website files can be found and a recognizable domain name.
There are many types of web hosting services out there including shared hosting and managed WordPress hosting. Sometimes it can be difficult trying to figure out which of these services is best suited for your site needs. VISIT HERE
But don’t panic—this article will guide you through.
What Is It?
This is a type of web hosting service where your website typically shares resources from one webserver to several other websites.
As many websites utilize shared servers, these companies offer multiple services at much cheaper rates than managed hosting. You should expect a shared hosting plan to cost as little as a couple of dollars per month.
Bloggers, small businesses, and personal sites aiming to start a website should consider utilizing shared hosting services to keep expenses as low as possible.
Pros And Cons
There are numerous reasons why you should (and shouldn’t) choose shared hosting services. These are outlined below.
- Cost-Effective: Shared hosting services have a huge advantage as they have a much cheaper monthly price.
- cPanel Access: A lot of these companies provide cPanel. This makes it easier to manage domains, websites, and emails.
- Business Email Accounts: You will also receive free professional email services. This allows you to make a business email without having to spend any extra money.
- Slower Loading: Your website might load much slower because of slowed-down server response times in comparison to a WordPress hosting service.
- Downtime: You could face lots of downtime with several of these hosting companies.
- Only Suitable For Low-Traffic WebSites: These services are only suitable for websites that don’t receive lots of traffic. They don’t work well with high-traffic websites.
Managed WordPress Hosting
What Is It?
WPX Hosting is a powerful service specializing in provisioning powerful technology for sites to ensure they are both fast and secure.
Managed WordPress hosting services care for relevant issues including security checks, backups, and WordPress updates so you don’t have to.
They also work to provide premium support to all customers by working to resolve queries and issues as fast as possible.
Pros And Cons
Managed WordPress Hosting also has its fair share of benefits and limitations which we’ve outlined for you below.
- Daily Backups: All site files are kept safe because managed hosts will back up your website and database daily so you don’t have to. This also means you can restore your website if you would like to.
- Secure And Fast: Managed hosting offers only the latest and most up-to-date technology to ensure your website is as fast as possible. It also covers all aspects of security regarding your WordPress website to ensure it’s kept safe from malware and hackers.
- Core Updates: This type of hosting takes care of relevant updates and hosting which enables you to officially secure the safety of your site. Many companies will also do a little bit extra by automatically updating your plugins and themes.
- More Expensive: Money is a huge disadvantage of using this type of hosting service. It is far more expensive than other services.
- Limitations For Certain Plugins: This service focuses on optimizing your WordPress website for speed, meaning specific plugins aren’t allowed as they can slow your site down.
- Only Allows WordPress Sites: Shared hosting means you can host any type of website you would like to including simplistic HTML pages. However, these services only give you access to play host to WordPress websites using their servers.
Which One Is Most Suitable?
You may now be wondering which one is better for you out of shared or managed hosting services.
If you’re starting up your first website, or are a small business or personal site, you should stick with using a shared hosting service. This is because the overall cost of buying an already managed hosting website can be high, especially if you’re at the beginning stages of establishing your business.
Managed WordPress hosting, on the other hand, is most suitable for individuals who own high-traffic sites. With the advanced technologies on offer, you should anticipate your site to be both secure and fast.
This is everything you need to know about shared web services and managed WordPress hosting. Both are pretty straightforward services that come with a whole host of benefits. Hopefully, you now have an idea about which one is best suited for your website needs.