In this article, we will discuss the concrete calculator, and you will learn how to calculate concrete and concrete yard calculator?
There’re many types of concrete and grades of concrete (e.g. Ready mix, Precast, Reinforced conc). In Calculation of concrete, first of all Multiply Length and Width & Hight to get Volume. It is same as Plaster/mortar calculation.
Let suppose a slab of single story house which has 50 feet length and 25 feet width.
Concrete slab calculator:
Length= 50 ft
Width= 25 ft
Area of slab = L×W
Area of slab = 50’×25′ = 1250 sft or 138.9 sqyd
Thickness of slab = 6 inch = 0.5 ft (That commonly used)
Wet Volume of Concrete = Area × Thickness of slab
Wet Volume=1250×(6/12) = 625 Cft
- 6 divided by 12 to convert inch into foot
Dry Volume of concrete = 625×1.54= 962.5 Cft or 27.25 cu.m (35.31cft = 1 cu.m)
“It is compulsory to multiply with 1.54, to convert wet volume of concrete into dry volume (because addition & evaporation of water cause shrinkage in concrete mix, which ultimately decrease in volume).”
Dry volume means you need 962.5 Cft concrete for 25’x50′ slab.
Concrete yard calculator: How to calculate yards of concrete?
There 3 most common types of concrete bags being used. E.g. 40-pound concrete bag has yield of 0.011 cubic yards, 60-pound concrete bag has yield of 0.0167 cubic yards, 80-pound concrete bag has yield of 0.222 cubic yards.
- Multiply dimensions in feet (L×B×H). =25×50×0.5 =625 cft
- Multiply with 1.54 (to convert into dry volume). =962.5 cft
- Divide by 27 to convert into Cubic Yards. =35.64 cubic yards
- For 40-pound concrete bag, 35.64/0.011 = 3210 bags.
- 60-pound concrete bag, 35.64/0.0167 = 2138 bags.
- For 80-pound concrete bag, 35.64/0.0222 = 1610 bags.
Concrete bag calculator: How many bags of concrete do i need calculator?
There are 3 types of commonly used concrete bags. Concrete mix yield increase about 0.15 about every 20 pound increment in concrete bag. E.g. 40-pound concrete bag yield is 0.30 cubic feet, 60-pound concrete bag yield is 0.45 cubic feet, 80-pound concrete bag yield is 0.60 cubic feet.
If you need 962.5 cft concrete. Simply divide total volume of concrete by the yield of concrete bag. e.g.
- For 40-pound concrete bag, 962.5/0.30 = 3208 bags.
- 60-pound concrete bag, 962.5/0.45 = 2138 bags.
- For 80-pound concrete bag, 962.5/0.60 = 1604 bags.
Concrete cost calculator:
As quikrete concrete bags prices for 40-pound concrete bag is $2.68, 60-pound concrete bag is $3.58 and 80-pound concrete bag is $4.48.
- For 40-pound 3208×2.68 = $8597.44
- 60-pound 2138×3.58 = $7654.04
- For 80-pound 1604×4.48 = $7185.92
How to calculate concrete:
Now we will use dry volume in concrete calculation to get Quantity of Cement, Sand & Aggregate for 1:2:4 concrete mix calculation.
Ratio of concrete mix (Grade M15) = 1:2:4
Sum of ratio = 7
Cement calculator for Concrete:
- Quantity of Cement = (1÷7)×962.5 = 137.5 Cft
- Cement = (1÷7)×27.25 = 3.9 Cum
Density of cement = 1440kg/m3 or 40.77kg/cft
- Multiply cft with 40.77 & cum with 1440 to get quantity of cement in KGs.
Cft>>> 137.5×40.77= 5606 Kg
Cum>>> 3.9×1440= 5606 kg
How to calculate cement bags in concrete? To find cement Bags divide by 50 (50 kg in one bag of cement).
5606/50 = 112 bags of cement
Or directly calculate cement bags from Volume:
Volume of cement bag= 0.034cum or 1.226cft
Cft>>> 137.5÷1.226 = 112 Bags
Read also Plaster/mortar calculation.
Sand calculator in Concrete:
- Quantity of Sand = (2÷7)×962.5 = 275 Cft
- Sand = (2÷7)×27.25 = 7.78 Cu.m
Density of sand is 1600kg/m3 OR 45.30 kg/cft
Read also Brick calculation.
Aggregate calculator in Concrete:
- Quantity of Aggregate = (4÷7)×962.5 = 550Cft
- Aggregate = (4÷7)×27.25 = 15.57 Cu.m
Calculation of Water Cement Ratio in concrete:
- Water cement ratio means quantity of water against cement (in kgs).
- W-C Ratio = 50% × Quantity of cement (kg)
- Water= 5606×0.50 = 2803 liters.
50% of water quantity is commonly used in ordinary concrete mix , but it can be b/w 22% to 50%.