What is ready mix concrete?
Concrete that mix and manufactured in batching plant according to the designed concrete mix grade with ensured quality control is called Ready mix concrete.
It is specifically mixed in batching plant according to costumer need. Batching plant is a computer guided plant which allow the exact quantity of material according to the exact mix design.
As it is computer guided there is a much better quality control option with less error as compare to manual mix concrete on site.
In batching plant there’s a series of concrete mix grade and water cement ratio so the concrete could be ready in minutes by pressing single button without any quality compromises.
Admixtures can be added too if there’s a need of high workability or need to increasing in initial setting.
What is ready mix concrete used for? It is used, where there’s not enough space on site for concrete manufacturing or have less time and workmanship.
Before, ready mix concrete was not used much, but today the world is getting more & more mega projects and skyscrapers within cities there’s high demand of ready mix concrete because it reduce the man power and time.
In other hand ready mix concrete also used where, there is not much space on site for manually mixing or they aren’t willing to do so.
On mega projects ready mix concrete is best option because, you give the responsibility of quality control, testing material, construction supply chain & concrete mix design to the specialists who are made for those jobs.
It saves your time, man power and workers. Ready mix concrete is purchased & sold by volume in USA its cubic meter/yard. As it is computer guided batching there is consistency and continuity in batches.
Is ready-mix conc good to use on site?
The answer is Yes! Except its higher in price but with ready mix concrete you can really save you time, space and workmanship.
Ready mix concrete near me?
There are many ready mix conc suppliers and manufacturer world wide. Some of RMC suppliers in USA & India.
Ready mix concrete supplier companies in USA.
- Ready Mix USA Shop , Dalton, GA 30721, United States.
- Argos USA Ready Mixed Concrete, Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870, United States.
- Cemex, CA,USA.
Ready mix concrete supplier companies in India.
- RMC Readymix (India) Raipur, Chattisgarh, India.
- IRC CONCRETEMIX INDIA PVT LTD, Mangalore, India.
- RDC Concrete India Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, India
Ready-mix conc Calculation:
Calculation of concrete mix is regular job on site but its not really complex but simple mathematical calculation.
Length of slab = 10 Feet
Width of slab = 10 Feet
Thickness of slab = 5 Inches
L×W×T = 10×10×(5/12) = 41.66 Cubic/Feet
*(5/12) to convert inches into feet.
Divide 41.66 by 35.31 (1cum=35.31cft) to convert into cubic meter which is 1.17 Cum.
As it is wet volume of concrete, to convert it into dry volume multiply it with 1.54. Because dry volume is 1.54 times to wet volume. Wet volume is shrunken volume after evaporation and air voids evaporation.
1.17×1.54= 1.808 cum (dry volume).
Ready mix concrete vs Site mix concrete:
Ready mix concrete:
- RMC consume less time. As there is no mixing & batching process on site.
- RMC needs almost no equipment on site.
- RMC can be distributed on many sites at the same time over the project.
- It is higly usable for rise project.
- In RMC there is no need of storing of RAW material on site.
- While using RMC wastage on site is really less, as it is manufacture on batching plant.
- In RMC quality of concrete do not compromise.
- There’s a high consistency in RMC as it is computer guided.
- There’s no need of high workforce and worker on site when you are going to use RMC.
- RMC is calculated as single item and the estimation is really easy.
- In RMC there’s a less space needed for transit mixer truck to pour concrete.
- Large amount of concrete batches can be delivered by batching plant.
- RMC is high in cost as compare to site mix concrete.
- If the site location is far from the batching plant, there is a need to add admixture to increase setting time and workability of concrete.
Site mix concrete:
Concrete which is batched and mixed on site.
- Concrete mixed on site consume time to batch and mix.
- It equipment for batching and mixer for mixing it.
- Site mix concrete can’t be distributed on different points even within the projects if there is a major project.
- It can only be manufactured on the point or nearest location.
- Site mix concrete can not be use for high rise projects. It will loose the quality while transporting to the point.
- In Site mix concrete there’s more space needed for storage of RAW material on site.
- In Site mix concrete there’s more wastage on site as it is batched and mixed on site.
- There’s a chance of quality compromise as it is done manually.
- In Site mix concrete consistency may vary as its done manually.
- There’s much workforce needed for Site mix concrete.
- In Site mix concrete its a little complex to estimate the quantity of concrete, as all the items are calculated separately.
- It requires more space for mixer, generator, and concrete transportation equipment.
- Large amount of concrete batch can not be delivered as its done manually by hand or mixer, it can be manufactured of single or maximum 3 bags of cement mix concrete at once.
- Site mix concrete costs less as compare to RMC.
- No problem if the site is far from batching plant, there is no need to add admixture.
Ready mix concrete Price vs site mix concrete?
Ready conc rate in India:
- Per square foot cost = 115 Rs
Site concrete cost in India:
- Per square foot cost = 83 Rs
Ready conc rate in USA:
- Per square foot cost = 1.56$
Site concrete cost in USA:
- Per square foot cost = 1.13$