In this article we will discuss, building materials used in construction and the building materials suppliers, store and outlets near you.
Construction and building materials has a vast industry leading the world now a days. Generally there are different types of construction which are further divide into categorizes e.g. commercial, residential, industrial etc.
Futher construction is sub categorize in different types of building construction according to materials being use and factor of safety being provided. In civil engineering there are different materials being use for construction according to type and value of construction.
Building materials used in construction:
Architect consult with structural engineers about the load bearing capabilities of material and different types of load act on structure, according to criteria and circumstances the architect and structural engineer design the building.
Most commonly used materials for construction are concrete, steel, masonry and timber. Each of them has its own properties, qualities, durability and strength. Materials are categorize into two types, natural and manmade. Wood and stone are natural material while concrete, steel and masonry are man-made.
Steel is an iron alloy, which is been used widely in construction industry. commercial buildings, godowns, and industrial buildings are being construct with steel. Following are the advantages of steel in construction.
- Steel has high tensile strength.
- Its easy to install.
- It consume less time for construction as compare to concrete.
- Steel can be installed in any environment.
- Steel can be anti corrosive and durable, if properly painted/chrome/polished.
Concrete is an important manmade building material being use in construction industry. It is performing and important role because of its properties and high strength. Concrete is a composite of cement, sand and coarse aggregates. Where cement work as binder and aggregates work as inert material (use to increase in volume).
- Concrete strength varies depending on their mix ratio and grade.
- It is poured in form work to get a desired shape and harden material like stone.
- Its a versatile material and commonly used for building foundation construction.
- It can bear huge load impact and withstand the surrounded environment load.
- It has high compressive strength. To increase the tensile strength of concrete there’s a reinforcement placement according to design.
Read in detail about Concrete:
To read properties and strength of concrete:
Laying of bricks in a layers and bound together with the help of cement mortar is called brick masonry. It is very common in building construction. Load bearing and non-load bearing walls construct with brick masonry. Concrete block and stones are also use in masonry.
- Bricks masonry is fire resistant and durable.
- Structure made up with brick masonry is good against compression load.
- With the combination of reinforced concrete elements (beams,columns), brick masonry can be use for multi storeys building.
- It is economical approach.
- While it is one of strongest construction method, the strength and long-lasting of masonry depends upon the mortar quality and workmanship.
Wood/timber is an oldest way of construction being use till today. It is famous in construction industry because of its light weight and more bearing strength. Some types of wood are better against climate change while other are better in structural engineering.
- Naturally available in bulk and an economical choice.
- Lightweight and easy to standardized into different sizes.
- Its good in tensile strength, and also good in compressive strength if used vertically.
- Wood has good insulation properties.
The long lasting and the ancient material for building construction is stone. Even today the structures bee made up with stones exist in the world. Stone is one of the hardest and toughest natural material exist in the world.
- Dry stone walls which are made up with dense rocks can be used for thousands of years.
- Stone is fire resistant and durable.
- It has different types for different purposes e.g. Granite, marble, quartz etc.
- Stone is more dense, it is not easy to work with stone masonry and placing it.
Building materials supplier: building materials store, building materials outlet
There are many giant building materials suppliers near by. Some of them are really reputed building materials outlets, such as thompson materials supplier, mg building materials, resource building materials, surplus building materials.
Some of them provide online facility while others are building materials stores.
Foundation building materials:
Foundation materials suppliers is the leading north America Drywall, drywall tools, steel studs and framing, glass fiber concrete, Interior & exterior insulation, power tools and ceiling provider. It was started back in 2011.
Thompson building materials:
If you are looking for Bricks, thin bricks, stones, pavers etc. Thompson material suppliers is the one of the leading company. This company is serving builders and homeowners for the past 50 years. Its one of the finest materials supplier company.
Mg building materials:
Best retail and whole sale materials suppliers in the Texas and surroundings. Mg supplier provides Steel, plumbing & electric products, kitchen and bathroom cabinets, hardware & tools etc at best prices.
Resource building materials:
Resource building material supplier is been providing best quality material to California and surronding homeowners and contractor since 1945. They have 13 material stores throughout the California. Their products include block, bricks, aggregate, sand up to the hardware and tools.
Surplus building materials:
Surplus is been serving its client with the highest quality of doors, floors, kitchen and bath remodels, wall tiles, lightning and hardware in Texas and Dallas. They also provide online delivery and on phone.
To read about construction/Building materials supplier.